ADVANCING CLINICAL KNOWLEDGE
ADVANCING KNOWLEDGE IN CLINICAL DERMATOLOGY
- The Society is called the North of England Dermatological Society. Its object is the advancement of knowledge of diseases of the skin.
- It consists of Ordinary and Honorary Members. Membership is open to those who are predominantly engaged in practice of Dermatology and those who have made significant contribution to Dermatology.
- The business of the Society is conducted by a Council consisting of a President, two Vice-Presidents, an Editor, a Secretary and not more than five ordinary members. The immediate Past President shall be an ex-officio member of the Council.
DUTIES OF SECRETARY
- The Secretary will summon all meetings and keep minutes. They will receive subscriptions, pay all bills and present accounts yearly to the Council and to the Annual General Meeting. They will send, not less than one week before the Annual General Meeting, a list of candidates for the various offices, and agenda papers as may be necessary to all NEDS members.
DUTIES OF COUNCIL
- The Council is responsible for the arrangement of Meetings, and for all other business of the Society and will meet at such time as may be convenient. Three shall form a quorum.
- (i) The Annual General Meeting will be held in May.
(ii) Clinical Meetings will ordinarily be held on the second Tuesday in March, April, May, June and October at 3.30pm but may be held at other times as may be convenient.
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
- New members will be confirmed by the Council. The Secretary will submit the proposed new members to the Council, on receipt of a completed membership form.
- The annual subscription of each ordinary member is five pounds. A member who is more than two years in arrears and has been duly notified thereof will cease to be a member of the Society.
ALTERATIONS OF RULES
- Notice of any proposal to amend or alter the existing rules, or to pass a new rule must be sent to the Secretary not later than one month before the next ensuing Annual General Meeting, and must appear on the agenda of the said meeting in the form of a motion.